Thursday, August 15, 2013

Late on day one

It's the first day of school and I feel like a new kindergartener. Today, though, after teaching my first three classes, I am a student in Art 171: Computer Art.  Thomas Thielemann, the instructor and my friend, knew in advance that I was having to come to class fifteen minutes late after a class of my own, so I have promised to be as unobtrusive as possible, and to arrive quickly.
So here I am today, creating a blog to use for the class.  I have had a typical student experiences already. Coming in late, I had to ask for a copy of the syllabus.  I also couldn't get into Moodle (and found I had been entered as a student, not a faculty member, so I have a different log-in for this class from my Moodle classes (and the Blackboard class I am team teaching.) When we were completing our first assignment, setting up a blog (this one), I was unable to add text.  Fortunately, I wasn't the only one, so I knew it wasn't just my incompetence. After all, I've been blogging for years. (If you're a reader, check out discriminatingreader.com) 

Despite the minor glitches and technical difficulty, I left campus today feeling great. I love the classes I'm teaching and I'm finally able to take this Computer Art class, one I've had in my sights for years now.  Stay tuned. I'm expected some great things this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment